Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A blog is a blog is a blog...or is it?

Hello to all of you that have kindly taken the time to stop by this blog's first entry and bare witness to its humble beginnings.  I will make you a promise, here and now, that like any fine wine, cheese, or baked good for that matter (except of course for warm from the oven chocolate chip cookies), that this blog will only get better with time.

I have always approached food and cooking with the belief that anything can be made in the home kitchen and can be made better than the store and/or restaurant version.  Understanding the process, ingredients, and the people who are eating the food are very important factors to consider and if you take your time and give yourself to a dish, the rewards will be endless.

From a young age I watched my father in the kitchen as he created meals that will forever warm my soul, and my stomach.  Anyone who knew my father knew of his joy for cooking and the skills that served as a foundation for many of his "famous" dishes.  He taught me everything I needed to know in order to make great food (except of course for Mac N' Cheese for which the nod goes to my Mom).  Most of all, he gave me the passion that I would now like to share with all of you.  It is these foundational skills and passion that I will continue to develop as I work to perfect all things culinary and create a world of taste unlike any other.  Will you come along for the ride?  I sure hope so.

Lastly, I will leave you with this last note to ponder until the next entry:  What if all the factories/restaurants closed tomorrow and you could no longer go out and easily get your favorite meal, dessert, snack, etc?  What would you do?  Where would you go?  Well I'm here to say that those three questions can soon be answered by saying "I would go to the Guy Who Cooks and learn to make it at home...only better".

Thank you,
GWC

2 comments:

  1. Hi, welcome to the blogging community! I am fairly new myself (started in February). If all the restaurants closed, I would find a way to make whatever it was I wanted-at home! I love trying to make things from scratch-be it great recipes, or things that one normally forgets that you can actually make it rather than buying it at the store (marshmallow peeps). I am looking forward to reading more of your posts!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that your muffin recipe was rather delicious. I am definitely looking forward to reading (and trying) many more of your posts. Good day, Sir.

    ReplyDelete